You, as a volunteer agree to the following conditions:
- I, as a volunteer, hereby agree to hold Secondhand Animals (SHA), its board of directors and other volunteers not responsible for any injury whatsoever that I may suffer as a result of my volunteer activities with SHA. This includes but is not limited to dog / cat bites, scratches, communicable illnesses or pests contracted from any animal.
- I also agree to hold Secondhand Animals (SHA), its board of directors and other volunteers not responsible for any and all personal injuries sustained during an event or while helping another organization through Secondhand Animals (SHA).
- I am aware that as a volunteer of Secondhand Animals (SHA), I am acting as a representative of the organization and agree to act responsibly at all times by maintaining a professional demeanor and protecting the organization’s rescued animals from any harm by practicing common sense while they are in my possession.
- I agree that any animal rescued by Secondhand Animals (SHA), is owned solely by and is the property of Secondhand Animals (SHA), and as a volunteer of this organization, I will not withhold, sell, or give away any animal entrusted to me by the organization.
- I will not rescue any animal as a stray or a shelter in the name of Secondhand Animals (SHA), without prior authorization from a director of the organization.